Registration Deadline: 11 June 2023
Online Transfer should be credited to the following account.
Account Details: 7701156637003
All bank charges (if any) should be borne by the applicant.
Payment and Confirmation: Registration to the event is confirmed upon receipt of payment
and application form.
Mode of Study: Virtual (via Zoom)
This is a 3-day programme designed to enhance knowledge, skills
and values demanded by corporate directors of Local Authority Companies.
This programme focuses on corporate governance, duties and
responsibilities of directors to Local Authority Companies and its relation to
the efficient performance in commensuration to the CG code and other
regulations in the Maldives such as Companies Act, Taxation and
In addition, this programme offers practical frameworks and
tools to sharpen business judgments and decision-making skills, along with
analytical skills, knowledge on taxation and business ethics.
Directors of Local Authority Companies (LAC)
Person interested in pursuing directorship of LACs
Capital Market Development Authority (CMDA)
Ministry of Economic Development (MED)
Auditor General’s Office (AGO)
Anti-Corruption Commission (ACC)
Maldives Inland Revenue Authority (MIRA)
- Subject experts from Maldives
- 3 days (9:00am to 14:00pm)
Attendance Requirement & Certification
- 80% Attendance is required to for Certificate of Completion
- Introduction to Local Authority Companies’
- Legal Frameworks (Policies & Procedures)
- Fit & Proper Requirements & Code of Conduct
- Corporate Governance
- Business Ethics, Audit & Risk Management
- Sustainable Investing
- Financial Statements & Annual Reports
- Benefits of Technological Advancements
- Preventing Corruption in Public Interest Entities
- Viyana (Private Securities Segment)